November 9, 2022
Reading time: 1 minute
There are many reasons why investing in Opportunity Zones is beneficial. Here are my Top 5:
1. Tax Benefits: Investors can defer and potentially reduce their capital gains taxes if they reinvest their gains into an Opportunity Zone.
2. Long–term Appreciation: Investors can benefit from the potential long–term appreciation of their properties due to the tax incentives.
3. Economic Stimulus: Opportunity Zone investments can help stimulate economic growth in distressed areas by providing capital for businesses and jobs.
4. Increased Property Value: Investing in an Opportunity Zone can increase the value of the property due to the influx of capital and potential appreciation.
5. Diversity of Assets: Opportunity Zone investments can provide investors with a more diverse portfolio of assets.
Ashley has an extensive knowledge of the Chicago commercial real estate market. After graduating from University of Kansas with a degree in architectural studies, she worked in Kansas City as a commercial leasing agent at a 2.1 million square foot office park. While working for an institutional owner, she learned valuable skills such as client reporting, communication and accountability.READ FULL BIO
The total number of census tracts certified as Opportunity Zones by the U.S. Treasury.
Potential unrealized capital gains eligible for Qualified Opportunity Fund investment and tax treatment.
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s estimate of private capital that will flow into Opportunity Zones.